Sunday 2 March 2014

Save Makeup Save Money *

Recently Home Shopping Network got in touch with me to see if I'd like to feature one of their blog posts entitled Save Makeup Save Money: Tips For Stretching Your Makeup Supply on my blog, I had a read and as you can see thought it was a great idea.

I am a fan of saving money, and also a fan of makeup, and making the makeup I love last much longer. Their article has some amazing tips to make your makeup last. I'm a big supporter of washing your makeup brushes (something I should probably do more often!) and love the last tip, portion control when it comes to foundation is a problem for me too. Always end up with some left over on my hand.

But the article got me thinking, what other tips do I use to make my makeup last longer?

1. Really my favourite thing is samples. Especially with loose eyeshadows, as they last forever anyway (I think I have finished two samples total so far) and they're so inexpensive you can buy a whole rainbow without emptying the bank. Great if you're a junkie, though it does go against their first tip! It's also a great way to test out skincare without blowing a tonne of money on something which might not work for you.

2. Make your products multitask! That black eyeshadow you thought was a fantastic idea but never seem to use? Works great as a liner, just mix a little mixing medium (I love ELF's Lock and Seal) and you're ready to go. The foundation you just don't love - how about using it as a tinted moisturiser by mixing a little with your usual moisturiser?

3. Reducing the need to reapply. If you use a good primer and/or a setting spray then you don't need to touch up your makeup as often, which in turn helps it last longer because you're not using it multiple times a day.

Do you have any tips for saving money and making your makeup last longer? What do you think of The Home Shopping Network's tips? And if you need to add some bits to your collection (and which of us doesn't want a little something?) then check out the Home Shopping Network's beauty section, with a huge range of items from well known brands, as well as tips. If you're just after makeup you can see that section here though I think, personally, it's worth looking through their other offers as well.


I was approached to write this blog post by the home shopping network, but I was under no obligation to do so, nor did I recieve any compensation (monetary or otherwise) for doing so.

3 comments:

  1. cute blog! i also love your post on eating disorder awareness week. id love it if youd check out my blog and comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/a-week-of-instagram-4.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous article and some great tips! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they have some great tips :). I need to use some of them!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x