Friday 22 August 2014

Friday Favourites


Blog Love:

  • So I have a Supernatural Con coming up in October aaand I did go to a comic book fair in Bolton on Sunday, but Ellie Jayden's post about Dublin Comic Con has made me wish so hard I could go to a big comic con. Or that the Manchester one would stop being on my sister's birthday (family before comics yo)
  • I missed participating in the polish event and I am totally kicking myself, but it's still a beautiful post to read from The Crumpet about how nail polish helps with her depression
  • For anyone working on a tight budget or just getting into makeup I think this list of top 5 products under £10 from Srsly Lou and this rundown of a drugstore starter kit from Beauty on a Budget are both excellent posts
  • Tea Party Beauty asks whether content is still key or whether we've become a very shallow bunch, more bothered about pretty pictures and layouts. Personally content is always key for me, if there isn't some sense of personality and depth to posts then I tend to unfollow quickly (swatch and photography blogs are a clear exception here)
  • As someone who relies very heavily on make up to like myself (well, tolerate myself) on a daily basis, I think maybe I should try to get the confidence to take part in #ProjectBareAll which I came to hear about through Becky's post on it
  • This is such a simple post, but it has so much to say. I am, I am trying to be, I am not by Blue Hair in Belgium. I reckon you should all go and read it, and all of the comments, and maybe add your own.
  • Skulls and Kisses introduced me to a shop that I now wish to spend a small fortune at with this post about awesome studded garters
  • I cannot even begin to explain how important this post from Laura at A Daisy Chain Dream is, how to support someone in Eating Disorder recovery. If you know someone with an ED, or have even the slightest inkling that you or anyone you know might know someone struggling then please please read it. Seriously, it's a matter so close to me (and Laura).



Other things I've been loving this week:

  • LeanMachines how to be more confident I totally love these guys. Not done any of their workouts yet (been busy with blogilates and gym) but I binge watched their info videos.
  • This infographic on comic books to superhero movies is kinda awesome
  • RuPaul's Drag Race. How am I only just getting into this show? Ohmygod, so much awesome. I do love drag queens!
  • This gorgeous, understated phone case.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you SO much for the mention Katie, it means a lot xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x