Monday 4 March 2013

Fyrinnae Swatches


I ordered from Fyrinnae the same time I ordered from Geek Chic, my order consisted of 6 mini (sample size) shadows - Conjuror and Mystical Hedgehog from the Arcane Magic line and Mephisto, Meerkat, Work Safe Blue and Kurisumasu! - and the much loved Pixie Epoxy.  The turn around and shipping was the same as Geek Chick, a week for each. However on the packaging front Fyrinnae wins, I know it's probably just extra waste and could increase costs but the pretty plastic wrap and the bag just made me feel happy and a bit special. It's the little things. I do prefer the little sample jars as well, though they're reflected by a slightly higher price. Fyrinnae provide free samples with every order as well, the one I got was Scarlet Macaw, a lovely red. My only real complaint is that the mini jars themselves do not state whether the product is lip safe or not. The information is available on their website and I have since noted on the labels which aren't lip safe, but it would have been a useful thing to have printed there already.

On to the swatches, all are over MUA Primer and taken in natural light, no flash. Italics = Fyrinnae descriptions.

Arcane Magic Conjuror: "Rich burgundy-brick shade filled with shimmer that changes from aqua to bright crimson-pink, depending on proximity to light or angle"
I haven't seen the pink, but I do see the aqua and the base burgundy. My swatches are rubbish (though I should have done the Arcane's under artifical, I shall try and do that later) but in real life this shade is a stunner.


Arcane Magic Mystical Hedgehog: "Appears as a vibrant, shimmering purple with a turquoise-green highlight at a distance, but changes to a warmer purple to pink at an angle or close to light. Not lip safe"
Again, swatch fail. You can see the turquoise a little though. In real life I don't see the shifts as strongly in this, still gorgeous though. Plus, this has possibly one of the coolest names ever!
  
Mephisto: "deep royal blue with a vibrant metallic red sheen that's quite striking when the light hits it. Not lip safe."
Droolworthy even in the jar. I love this. The red shows up quite strongly on me, but you can very much see the blue base too. Love!


Meerkat: "Vibrant pink-purple with gold shimmer and sparkle highlight."
Pretty and glittery, leans more pink than purple on me but I do love it.
  

Work Safe Blue: "Soft, satiny taupe with a light blue highlight"
Grey-blue taupe. You can really see the blue in the right light (I tried to get a picture, but I'm not a good enough contortionist to angle both arms right)


Kurisumasu!: "satiny rosy beige shade with subtle flashes of sparkle."
I love this. Perfect neutral everyday shade or easy to combine with others into something more dramatic.


Scarlet Macaw:  "Bright shimmery warm red filled with multi-color sparkle"
Lovely orange-red shade, I actually really like using this on my lips, which is probably odd (and a bit dodgy) since my skin is so pink! The sparkles are gorgeous too. (This was my free sample)

Favourites are Kurisumasu!, Mephisto and Mystical Hedgehog. I'm definitley placing another order soon, I really need to try all of the Arcane Magic shadows. Need

Fyrinnae is available to buy over at Fyrinnae.com
Mini shadows (sample size) are $2.25
Full size are $6.25 - $6.80 (Arcane Magic shadows are the more expensive due to complexity)
They also sell pressed versions of some of their loose shadows for $8.25
Pixie Epoxy is $7.00 full size. You can also get trial size for $2.00

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They really are, my photos do not do these colours justice!

      Delete
  2. Such great colours love 'meerkat'
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous isn't it? I'd definitely recommend Fyrinnae to shop at for pretty colours :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x