Sunday 21 July 2013

Dinner With Famous People



I saw this a while back and thought it was a really interesting idea. However I am going to be cheating because these aren't in order of where I'm picking people to sit because I'd never work it out, and famous people can darn well sit where they please.

  1. Joss Whedon - he is a genius. He's funny, intelligent, creates the most kickass female characters for the greatest reason ["because you keep asking why"] and has been behind some of my favourite shows and movies. Namely Buffy, Firefly/Serenity, Cabin in the Woods and The Avengers. I think if I met him in real life I would die.
  2. Dmitri Medeleev - his work was the basis behind the modern periodic table, enough said!
  3. J.R.R. Tolkein - his books are works of art, The Hobbit was an early favourite for me, and he created his own language, with its own alphabet, two distinct dialects, grammar and everything. Plus the entire history of Arda. He is a legend, and he might teach me some Sindarin.

  4. Gerard Way - I admire him as a musician, an artist and a person. I would love to get a chance to sit and talk with him. I imagine he has amazing stories to tell.
  5. Ray Harryhausen - as a kid I watched Clash of the Titans and Jason and the Argonauts practically on repeat between Disney movies. And the 7th Voyage of Sinbad was on a whole lot too. All of those films were way before my time even then, but the stop motion effects... those monsters? they were, and still are, works of art. Amazing, incredible and such a labour of love. Yeah, Harryhausen was a legend.
  6. David Attenborough - I am a animal lover and David Attenborough is the king of nature documentaries. It would be amazing to listen to stories of the things he's seen from the man himself.
  7. Richard Speight Jr - I'm cheating. There are so many others I'd like to add, but picking between them is too hard. So, easy way out, go for the current mega-crush. Eh, I'm shallow.


All men. Hmm, not intentional.
A few women I could and would happily trade out for some of the men on this list are: Felicia Day nerd, actress, businesswoman and general wonderwoman extroadinaire, J.K Rowling one of the authors who shaped my childhood and many others, Marie Curie one of the few truly well recognised female pioneers of science...

Who would your seven be? I'd love to see some other people's choices.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Jodie Foster
    7. Kristen Stewart
    2. Joss Whedon
    3. Mischa Barton
    4.Quentin Tarantino
    5. Hilary Clinton
    6. Al Pacino

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x