Sunday 29 September 2013

Sunday Screencast


Please note, I watch shows by USA schedules and these posts will contain spoilers for already aired episodes


Sleepy Hollow – 1 x 02 Blood Moon


Sleepy Hollow throws Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman,who is in fact Death the Horseman of the Apocalypse, into modern day. I loved the pilot, which was full of action and whilst occasionally a bit cheesy was gripping and spooky and well worth a watch. This second episode was just as good, bringing witchcraft and the good covens vs bad covens really to the forefront. Zombie Sulu [Andy the cop played by John Cho who plays Sulu in the reboot] was both funny and creepy, and the main villain of this episode Serilda of Abaddon was interesting as she went after the bloodlines of those who killed her. I loved the make up job on her,it was really well done, and I'm intrigued as to whether she is really defeated or whether she'll be a recurring threat. I admit I'll be disappointed if she really went down so easily. But my favourite part of the show has to be the chemistry and the interaction between Ichabod and Abbie, they play off each other brilliantly. And any character as witty and sarcastic as Ichabod Crane is proving to be is a win on my charts.


Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D – 1 x 01 Pilot


Can I just say how much I love Agent Coulson? Really, so much. And the other stars and guests on this show in just the first ten minutes really made it for me. Shepherd Book [Ron Glass] and Charles Gunn [J. August Richards] both made appearences, for those of you familiar with some of Whedon's other stuff [Firefly/Serenity and Angel respectively]. The whole Centipede project thing is really interesting and I can't wait to see where they go with it,and holy hell they brought Extremis out with this! They're really tying in as much of the already established Marvel movie verse as they can. I want to know what they're keeping from Coulson. This series started amazingly and I can't wait to see where they go with it!

Other shows I will ramble on about are:
Supernatural, season 9 premiers October 8th
American Horror Story: Coven, premiers October 9th
Lost Girl, season 4 premiers November 10th

[and you can see where my tastes in TV lie. I may stop following shows if they aren't as good as I hoped, especially those which are only just premiering, and might well throw in the odd pilot episode review for new or returning series that I won't keep writing about here. Or maybe pick up shows to ramble about if they're really good, I have high hopes for The Tomorrow People reboot for example.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x