Tuesday 29 October 2013

Shiro Cosmetics Halloween Collection Swatches

Shiro Cosmetics Halloween Swatches

I ordered a few shades from Shiro's Nightmare Before Christmas inspired Halloween collection, as well as a couple of her awesome intertubes. I love that she includes a sweet with your order, mini tootsie pops are awesome by the way! 


All shadows are swatched over Pixie Epoxy and photographed in natural light, intertubes are swatched on bare lips. Shade descriptions are taken from the Shiro website.


shiro cosmetics halloween swatches

Finkelstein - One part genius, two parts evil, tied together with a generous splash of madness and a particular fondness for wormswort.
Somewhat sheer, ultra-pale ghoulish green-yellow-grey with blue shimmer. Not lip-safe

shiro cosmetics finkelstein swatch

Ragdoll - And though I'd like to stand by him,
Can't shake this feeling that I have...
The worst is just around the bend.
Lightly faded rust matte base filled with lilac and blue sparkles. Lip-safe!

shiro cosmetics ragdoll swatch

Zero - Zero, glowing spectral white - won't you lead my sleigh of fright?
Sheer, lightly metallic grey-red. Lip-safe!
The grey was hard to pick up, but you can see it on the far right of the swatch.
 
shiro cosmetics zero swatch

Oogie Boogie [GWP sample] - The sound of rolling dice to me is music in the air
'Cause I'm a gambling Boogie Man, although I don't play fair.
It's much more fun, I must confess, with lives on the line.
Not mine, of course, but yours, old boy - now that'll be just fine!
Swampy green-beige with a muted velvety finish; the intensity of the green tones depends on the light. Not lip-safe.

shiro cosmetics oogie boogie swatch

shiro cosmetics intertubes swatches

shiro cosmetics intertubes swatches

Bare lips for reference 
Trololo - An homage to the most excellent Eduard Khil. <3

Color: Vivid, slightly reddened tangerine.
Flavor: Unflavored.
Opacity: May be applied moderately opaque or built up to full opacity.
Stains: Yes - keep away from upholstery and small children!

shiro cosmetics trololo swatch

Me Gusta -
I asked my friend Matt, the creator of the Me Gusta meme, if he would like to choose the flavor for this lip product. His immediate response was "TACO SEASONING." And that is why this color is unflavored.

Color: Pure, solid black. Like Matt's soul.
Flavor: Unflavored.
Opacity: May be applied sheer or built up to moderate opacity.
Stains: Will stain clothes but not lips - please use with caution!


shiro cosmetics me gusta swatch

My favourites are Zero, Ragdoll and Trololo. Me Gusta is perfect for Halloween though [and other times], abbeit a little patchy applied by brush. Though that could be my failure as far as lip products go, I'm not great with brushes.

Everything you see here can be purchased from Shiro Cosmetics online store.
Eyeshadows: Full Size (2g) $6.00 Mini (1g) $4.00 Sample (a generous 1/8 tsp) $1.00 Or you can order the whole collection for between $19.00 and $45.00 [details here]
 Intertubes:
Full Size (approx. 5.5 grams) $6.50
Mini (approx. 4 grams in a tin) $5.00
Sample (approx. 1.5 grams in clamshell) $1.80

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x