Sunday 6 October 2013

Sunday Screencast


Please note, I watch shows by USA schedules and these posts will contain spoilers for already aired episodes



Sleepy Hollow – 1 x 03 For The Triumph of Evil


Well, that was one hell of a creepy opening. I actually really like Abbie's sister and her interaction with Ichabod, his deadpan humour is just... awesome. Yes,there are cheesy bits, but overall the Sandman as a villain was really creepy – kudos to the actor, I thought he was Doug Jones for a bit! I admit I know very little about Native American culture so I can't comment on whether it was handled sensitively, but I did find it really interesting and a great break from Christian demons. Though I did want to smack Abbie for trying to shoot the dream demon, bullets don't work on demons fool. Still think they're pushing it a bit with the seven years thing.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D – 1 x 02 0-8-4


Still in love with Coulson, really. I love the callbacks to the Avengers, the last 0-8-4 was a hammer!Skye annoys me, she's messing with things and I still don't trust her at all, I swear to god if she puts them in danger I'll leap through the screen and slap her. It was great to see some Tesseract technology again, and recalling the way it messed with people's minds it was interesting to see that happening again, though I wish Coulson had caught onto it sooner. I really want to see more of Agent May as well, she is beyond badass and I need to know her story. Best part = Samuel L Jackson cameo! “It had a bar... a really nice one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x