Monday 13 January 2014

Rimmel Space Dust Aurora Swatches


Recently Boots had a 3 for 2 offer on Rimmel with an additional free polish, and being post Christmas with some extra spending money to hand I naturally took them up on the offer! So expect a few swatch posts in the weeks to come.

First up is Aurora, one of the newest Rimmel polish releases. These are called Space Dust polishes, and are essentially textured matte glitter polishes, if that makes sense. Due to the textured finish they dry more matte looking, but still sparkly. I was never really taken with the first textured polish releases, the weird bumpyness put me off when it came to the Summer Barry M releases, but having seen swatches of some of these and the Winter Barry M textured sparkle collection I was drawn in. And what better opportunity to give them a spin than in an offer? I have to say I really like these, I think it's the sparkle.  I'm sorely tempted to pick more up.


Rimmel Space Dust Aurora Swatch


There are five colours in the Rimmel Space Dust collection, Aurora (dusty pink), Luna Love (bright pink), Shooting Star (silver), Total Eclipse (black green) and Moon Walking (lilac).

Aurora has some gorgeous silver glitter in it and makes a lovely subtle nail colour or a great base for nail art. It also lasts well without chipping, I've only worn it for three or four days before changing my nails, but in that time it didn't chip, just some tip wear. 

These photos were taken under a daylight bulb thanks to the sad lack of decent daylight in Britain right now, especially when I have free time (and yes, I do need a better photo set up, suggestions or links to ones would be much appreciated). This is two coats of Aurora and on the first and ring fingers I added a clear topcoat just to show how that looks. 

Rimmel Space Dust Aurora Swatch

Rimmel Space Dust Aurora Swatch

Rimmel Space Dust Aurora Swatch

These polishes retail for £3.99 and are available at Boots, Superdrug and many major supermarkets.

PS. Don't forget to enter my giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x