Wednesday 30 April 2014

Discworld Series: Ankh-Morpork


After really loving the Sky adaptations of Discworld novels and being a fan of Terry Pratchett as a person for a while (and a big fan of his collaboration with Neil Gaiman - Good Omens), last year I finally started reading the Discworld series. I didn't exactly start from the beginning (I started with Snuff after someone at work insisted I would really enjoy it) but thankfully that doesn't change the enjoyment of the stories. I've read 18/40 so far (you can find my goodreads account here if you're interested).

Anyway, long story short, I've really fallen head over heels with the Discworld and what better way to express my love than with a series of looks inspired by the Discworld? I am a beauty blogger after all! 

First up is the heart of Discworld the City of Ankh-Morpork


Ankh-Morpork is the largest city on the Disc with about a million inhabitants. It is also one of the most common locations for the Discworld stories. Its Latatian name is Ankhius et Morporkia. The city lies on the river Ankh, which resembles solid ground more than it does water. Originally two cities separated by the river, Ankh and Morpork today are governed as one (admittedly potentially schizophrenic) entity. Ankh-Morpork is a city state which governs few lands outside its perimeter, but it has a political and economic influence which "distorts the landscape for hundreds of miles".
(from the L-space wiki)


Used: Black Rose Minerals Skink on the inner corner, Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Contaminated Wastelands across the lid and for my brows, Shiro Cosmetics Oogie Boogie on the outer corner and crease, Femme Fatale Polymorph in the crease, Black Rose Minerals Jet as liner and Shiro Cosmetics Magnets on my lips



For this I took most of my inspiration from the grunge and grime, muddy browns with a green tinge taken from the River Ankh (because you know a River that doesn't move is going to grow slime), with darker colours in the crease to show the smog and darker side of the city and grey liner for the city streets. For the city this is a really wearable look (I wore it to work), one you could wear out in the city should you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x