Monday 19 May 2014

Revlon Gold & Jess Hot Date

I bought these polishes back in January in Poundland. I've actually had the swatches sitting on my laptop in my "swatches to post" folder for far too long. Both of these polishes are gorgeous duochromes.

Revlon Chroma Chameleon Gold Swatch

Revlon Chroma Chameleon Gold Swatch

Revlon Chroma Chameleon Gold Swatch

Revlon Chroma Chameleon Gold Swatch

Revlon Chroma Chameleon Gold is a stunning gold-green duochrome, swatched here with three coats alone on the pinkie and index finger and two coats over black on middle and ring. I probably could have just done one coat over black and two alone, but I wanted to make sure there was 100% no nail line visible. The duochrome in this is pretty strong and it dried in a reasonable time. 

The RRP for Chroma Chameleon shades is £6.49 in Boots, but if you see them in Poundland then grab one, because they're gorgeous and a total bargain.

Jess Hot Date Swatch

Jess Hot Date Swatch

Jess Hot Date Swatch

Jess Hot Date Swatch

Jess Hot Date is a purple-bronze duochrome with a hint of green. As soon as I saw this I knew I had a snatch it up, I mean look at it! It's just a gorgeous on the nails as it is in the bottle, which given this was 97p and a brand I've never seen outside of the pound shop I wasn't expecting. I will admit it utterly stinks though, I work in a lab and I'm used to strong smelling solvents and I thought this was bad. Not a nail polish you want to use on a train or in a small enclosed area. The polish is shown as three coats alone on index and pinkie and two coats over black on the ring and middle fingers. It's so pretty and cheap I'll forgive it the smell, as long as I'm in a ventilated room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x