Friday 9 January 2015

Friday Favourites


The first of 2015! The first week back at work has dragged, but here are some great things that I liked this week.

Blog Love:

  • One of the big new years trends involves “detoxing”. I won't go on a big diatribe on how I feel about that, but do read Caroline Hirons' post on detoxing as a beauty myth
  • If one of your goals was, like mine, to become a better blogger this year, then Becky has a great post with a round up of blog tips from her pinterest
  • No doubt you have heard about Leelah Alcorn (if you haven't then please do check out news and activism surrounding the matter) and if you read the gossip/celebrity rags then you probably know about John/Shilo Jolie-Pitt (which was a new story to me) but there is an alarming difference between reaction to these two stories, which I think Ellie Jayden summed up brilliantly in her post on the issue
  • I love this series of tips on ways to leave better blog comments from Corinne. I need to get better at them myself.
  • Nicola has a great post on finding the right cleanser describing all the different types and giving examples of them for you to try. I love helpful, informative posts like these.



Other things I've been loving this week:

  • If you're feeling a bit down now that work has started again here's some ways to shake off the blues
  • I know it was just a film, but c'mon I want some of this awesome stuff to be real!
  • I like comics, I like (badass) women. I love this list of badass women in comics in 2014 from Bloody Disgusting
  • My Grandad was 91 yesterday! I haven't seen him yet to say Happy Birthday (I'm heading there tonight) but isn't that awesome? If you looked at him (unless you saw him trying to walk) you wouldn't guess he was in his 90's at all, and alzheimers/dementia aside he's doing pretty good for such an old man. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention! Hope you're having a fab weekend :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems, it was a great post :). I had a great one thanks x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x