Wednesday 18 February 2015

Chinese New Year: Year of the Goat

This year Chinese New Year (or Lunar New Yeaar) falls on the 19th of February (that's tomorrow) and the lunar new year this year is the year of the Goat, more specifically the year of the Wooden Goat.

The Goat comes 8th in the Chinese zodiac. The 12 zodiac animals are: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig. According to Chinese astrology, each year (starting from Chinese New Year) is associated with an animal sign, occurring in a 12-year cycle. For example 2015 is a year of the Goat.Lucky Colors: brown, red, purpleLucky Numbers: 2, 7Lucky Flowers: carnation, primroseYear of Birth: 1919, 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015, 2027



I was born in 1991, but as I mentioned last year technically I am Year of the Horse (according to the Lunar calendar and the date that the New Year fell on). However I feel like I associate a lot more with the emotional profile of someone born in the year of the Goat, although I like horses as animals a lot more.

People born in a year of the Goat are generally believed to be gentle mild-mannered, shy, stable, sympathetic, amicable, and brimming with a strong sense of kindheartedness and justice.They have very delicate thoughts, strong creativity, and perseverance, and acquire professional skills well. Although they look gentle on the surface, they are tough on the inside, always insisting on their own opinions in their minds. They have strong inner resilience and excellent defensive instincts.Though they prefer to be in groups, they do not want to be the center of attention. They are reserved and quiet, most likely because they like spending much time in their thoughts. Goats like to spend money on fashionable things that give them a first class appearance. Although goats enjoy spending money on the finer things in life, they are not snobbish.

I'm not tough on the inside or good at spending money on the finer things I think that's where I'm more like a Horse. But for the most part, that's me.

Anyhow, I don't really believe in any of this Astrology stuff, I just find it interesting. Now, on to the look, I tried to incorporate all of the 'lucky colours' for the Goat. Especially red as red is traditionally associated with the Lunar New Year and is worn at the celebration.



Used: Victorian Disco Why is it Always You Three? on the inner corner, Darling Girl The Boogeyman across lid, My Pretty Zombie Brisket on the outer corner & crease, Fyrinnae Scarlet Macaw on the lower lashline & crease, Aromaleigh Cagnazzo & Hello Waffle Lust as a liner and finally Innocent + Twisted Warm & Fuzzy & My Pretty Zombie Brisket for my brows. Mascara was L'Oreal Miss Manga.

All of my information came from the China highlights site

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x