Monday 9 February 2015

Some of my Indie Valentines Picks

Valentines Day is fast approaching, thankfully I don't need to run off and buy presents or fuss about looking good this year (I may foray into online dating or something, but I doubt it). But as it's that time of year I thought I would share some of my indie picks for the day. These are mostly eyeshadow choices, I tried to pick 5 but I have a couple of honourable mentions. I also tried to pick out a couple of scents, though I don't have many traditionally 'girly' ones.

Indie Valentines Swatches

Primer on the left, pixie epoxy on the right, photos taken in natural light. One I edited slightly to erase something on my skin, the colour is untouched. I purchased all of these with my own money. I think that covers all the boring bit.

kurisumasu swatch

Fyrinnae Kurisumasu satiny rosy beige shade with subtle flashes of sparkle. 

Little Crush Swatch

Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Little Crush Soft pink with golden shimmers

Hellfire Swatch

Geek Chic Hellfire a mysterious and translucent soft maroon that ignites with a fiery red and orange glow when light hits it. It shimmers with embers of red, orange, and flashes of purple.
Hellfire is depressingly no longer available on the Geek Chic store. I weep.

Scarlet Macaw Swatch

Fyrinnae Scarlet Macaw bright shimmery warm red filled with multi-color sparkle.


Black Rose Minerals One Does Not Simply... maroon flecked with green sparkles.
This is more red in real life. It's pretty.
Black Rose Minerals store

My two honourable mentions because I could never pick just five, seven was hard enough!)
They're both from Shiro Cosmetics

Kooloo Limpah Swatch

Shiro Kooloo Limpah - satiny peach with green and red sparkles.

I Loved A Maid Swatch

Shiro I Loved A Maid - Green-shifting gold shining out over a base of softened Lannister crimson.
This is the darker big brother of Candied Apple, I love it.


And for the perfume picks:

Common Brimstone Holy Water a gentle blend of fresh water and water blossom ivy, infused with basil to ward off evil, angelica for safety from curses, aloe for luck, and a finish of benzoin for purity and and success.



Alkemia Smoke & Mirrors an elusive, smokey blend of burning wood, Madagascar Vanilla, and Tonka. 


State of Grace Demonic Forces a dark, loamy scent, based on the Demons of the Supernatural World. Rich Fig, Heavy Myrrh, and Dark Patchouli are punctuated with the sharp tangy notes of Bergamot, Bay and Cedar. Mysterious and Strangely Enticing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x