Sunday 5 April 2015

A to Z of Me: Q & R


Two in one, these letters are getting difficult!

Q

Queer – I identify mainly as bisexual but I do like the queer label more as it suggests less of an obvious man/woman split and feels more encompassing of the fluidity of sexual orientation and gender. Really it's all a good way of saying I'm not straight.

Quotes – I like quotes, and lyrics which are kind of quotes. Some of my favourites are (in no particular order) “Facilis decensus Averno” (the descent into Hell is easy), “Experience is merely the name men gave to their mistakes.” Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray (I could have chosen many, many Oscar Wilde quotes, he is extremely quoteable and very wise. See here Oscar Wilde Quotes), “Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?” Terry Pratchett, Going Postal. And for that reason Sir Terry will never really die. Terry Pratchett is extremely wise and quoteable as well, I suggest going here to his quote directory on Goodreads and reading many of them. Especially Vimes' Boot theory of socioeconomics. I won’t bore you will more.


R

Roses – these are by far my favourite flowers, especially the deep red and more unique coloured ones. I’m not a fan of the scent, weirdly, but looking at them could make me happy for hours.

Rage – I have anger issues. I’m not proud of that and I try my best to control them, but I am quite irritable, especially after a long day or long week. And I have almost no patience with anyone. Still, I am getting better, in the past I’ve broken two phones and a pair of straighteners from badly losing my temper and throwing things. I also have an impressive dent in my bedroom door at home and broke a chunk off my wardrobe from the same. I scare myself sometimes.

Reading – have I mentioned this before? Ah well, I love to read. I wish I had more time for it to be honest. I used to be the bane of my mother’s life on holiday because I’d take four books with me and end up needing to buy another three because I finished them. This is why the Kindle App on my Hudl is awesome, I can take twenty books and it takes up zero space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x