Monday 13 April 2015

Notoriously Morbid: The Winchester Gospels

The Winchesters. 
Two brothers who've been to Hell and back, literally. Their story pulls you in like very few things on television right now. In the episode "The Monster at the End of This Book", Castiel tells Dean that their story will come to be known as "The Winchester Gospels."
That line struck me. When I think of gospels, I think of music. The music in Supernatural is as deeply woven into the story line as the Impala or the monster they're fighting that day. That's why we decided to pick a song for the characters we especially love, one that we feel tells a lot about who they are, their own personal gospel.

Each color was created with more in mind than just the tones of the show. We thought about the characters and who we see them as. We hope you enjoy our take on The Winchesters & Co.
It's no secret that I'm a bit of a Supernatural fangirl. Just a little. So when I saw that Notoriously Morbid had a whole collection devoted to the show, The Winchester Gospels, I just had to pick it up. And luckily there are some utterly gorgeous colours in this collection, including a bunch of duochromes, and I'm a sucker for duochromes.

Swatches are done over Smashbox 24hr Primer on the left and Pixie Epoxy on the right and photographed in natural light. Descriptions in italics come from the Notoriously Morbid site.

Notoriously Morbid The Winchester Gospels

Notoriously Morbid Eye of the Tiger

Eye of the Tiger -  "There's always something eating at me. That's who I am." ~Dean
 Much like a tiger, Dean never stops fighting. A gilded orange with purple and gold flecks.
Notoriously Morbid The Gambler

The Gambler - "I adopted two boys and they grew up great. They grew up heroes."  ~Bobby SingerAs unassuming as his old cap and tattered flannel shirt, but full of comfort, reliability and warmth.
A sooty sage green with pale gold sparkles.

Notoriously Morbid Sympathy for the Devil

Sympathy for the Devil - "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a little Hell to raise." ~Crowley

Loyalty is worth more than sin in Hell. An ash gray with red, green and gold sparks and a hellacious red shift.

Notoriously Morbid The Winchester Gospels


Notoriously Morbid Visions

Visions - "I'm a whole new level of freak." ~Sam

When you don't know who you are, you just might assume the worst.
A bright peach with electric yellow to green shift.

Notoriously Morbid Wallking on Sunshine

Walking on Sunshine - " Mine is Princess Leia in a slave bikini straddling a 20-sided die. I was drunk, it was Comic-Con." ~Charlie
Sometimes, life will give you the sister you never knew you always wanted.

dynamic heliotrope purple with a strong aqua shift.


Wayward Son - "Dad's on a hunting trip and he hasn't been home in a few days..." ~Dean

The line that started it all. A search for a father and a relationship between two wayward sons. An airy pale blue with a light green shift. 

Shadow costs and sizes are as follows:
Sample 1/4 tsp in a baggie, $1.25
Mini 1/3 tsp in a jar, $2.75
Full 1/2 - 3/4 tsp in a jar, $5.50
Deluxe 1 - 1 1/4 tsp in a jar, $7.50

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x