Friday 10 July 2015

Stuff and Nonsense

Where have I been?
I’ve been missing a long time haven’t I? I am sorry.
May was a super busy month with two conventions and a conference (I’m writing a post about the conventions), then I took a week off to try and catch up with everything at my PhD. And for pretty much the entirety of June and some of July up until now the internet in my flat was down.

However all of that gave me plenty of time to think.

So what was I thinking about?
I want to change a couple things about the blog. I’ve been bored and in a rut so often with just straight beauty blogging and there are so many other things I want to talk about that wouldn’t fit. So, inspired by an awesome post Becky did about bloggers not needing a niche I’ve decided to take the plunge and change my blog.

What’s going to happen?
I’m changing the name of the blog and the focus, it’ll be more a general life blog. There will still be beauty posts, I want to catch up on my birthstone series and I’m sure I’ll still be buying and swatching eyeshadows and such, but there will be more of the other stuff too – nerdery, books, tv and film, days out… the works. As for the name change, I’m thinking Muddling Along (or some variation) but I need to sort all the other stuff that goes with it. I’m looking out for someone to help me with a new layout, or at least a header and social media buttons – suggestions of people would be much appreciated.

So there will be a bit more down time while I get everything sorted, but fingers crossed I’ll be back to posting sooner rather than later!

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x