Wednesday 19 August 2015

Birthstone Series: August Peridot

Birthstone headers: here

For those who were born in the month of August the Peridot is the traditional birthstone. The August birthstone poem reflects some of the properties with which the Peridot is associated - love, truth, faithfulness and loyalty. The Traditional Metaphysical Properties for the August Birthstone Peridot are fame, dignity, and protection. The healing properties of the August birthstone are reputed to be effective for health problems relating to the lungs, lymph, breast and sinuses. The Peridot is also used to enhance prosperity, growth, and openness.
Birthstone info: Birthday Gems 


Used: Shiro Snake in the inner corner and just above the crease, Innocent + Twisted Alchemy No Fairytale over the lid and for brows, Shiro Rupee also on the lid and under the eye, Shiro Oogie Boogie in the crease, Geek Chic Eldritch as liner. The glitter is Victorian Disco WAZOOO. Portland Black Lipstick Company Black Lagoon & Green Glitz made up the lips.

This was a fun one to do, I really like green on me and I had great fun playing around with spooky dark lips too. It did get me a few weird looks, but c'est la vie. Double bonus of this was that my eyeshadow accidentally matched my currently fading hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x