Sunday 16 August 2015

Weekly Wrap Up vol 4

Sorry for the lateness. I've been having the worst internet lately, it seems to totally drop out in the evenings (about ten minutes after I get home) so I get nothing done. And my internet at home has been going in and out of functioning too. I hope it isn't me =/

I really should make  some graphics for this shouldn't I? Guess that's my job for the evening!

Awesomeness Around The Web

Deadpool/Hellraiser crossover crack!fic. Kind of. Wade is practically a walking crack!fic anyway, but this is awesome, just… watch for strong language.
Villain Attraction Disorder PSA. I’m afraid I suffer from this common affliction, anyone else?
★ Have I mentioned the Deadpool trailer yet? Because I feel like I should mention it again. You can watch that amazing beauty here. Totally NSFW as it’s the Red Band version, but Deadpool <3. I have problems.
★ This is a really great and comprehensive post on ASMR and relaxation from Mo’Adore. ASMR is such an interesting phenomenon and something which isn’t really understood (media coverage often leaning towards the sexual doesn’t help in this aspect), it’s also something which I greatly enjoy and experience. I personally use it to help me relax and also to help me fall asleep at night.
★ Gio shared tips on overcoming control issues which are really helpful. I'm a bit of a control freak myself!


 Smiles Courtesy of…

♥ Tumblr friends :)
♥ Writing fanfiction sorrynotsorry
♥ Booking my Blackpool ComicCon ticket. Anyone else going?
♥ Other long awaited purchases arriving. I had a bad month for budgeting but it's provided some smiles in a rough week.

5 Fandom Friday : Favorite Fandom Phrases

1. (and actual tied number 1) “Gorram” & “Shiny”. Yep, Firefly. I used shiny multiple times a day, and gorram more often than not. So, this one isn’t exactly deep and meaningful, but it’s one of the few fandom/show phrases that I actually use in my real life. Damnit Whedon!

2. “Family don’t end with blood”. Supernatural. Okay, so the grammar grates on me a little (I’m that kind of a dick) but the meaning is just wonderful. It means that your friends can be just like family to you, I believe there’s an extension to it now that adds in the fact that if your family are really awful then you don’t have to accept them either.

3. “Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” Harry Potter. The amount of truth in this is unreal, and the amount of levels on which it hits. I mean, you can talk about book/fantasy here, or use it to talk about mental illness or all kinds of things.
4. [On hating children] John: “I know, I know. "You were one once." I was a sperm once, but you don't see me wantin' to cuddle up to a fuckin' wankstain, do you?” – Hellblazer. Controversial but I don’t like kids much myself, and the fact that I was one once is a terrible reason to start.

5. Pretty much anything Terry Pratchett has ever written. I couldn’t pick just one. Vimes’ booth theory of socioeconomic unfairness is a good one, as is “Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?” and “Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.”… I could go on for DAYS. Read his Goodreads quotes page here, I’m sure you’ll find a few.

(Honourable mentions, as they’re more tumblr sayings than actual lines from fandom I guess: “we have a gif for everything” – Supernatural Fandom (we do, we even have an angel stroking a pineapple), “I ship it/I will go down with this ship” – fandom shippers, “life ruiner” (I have many)…. There are just so many awesome tumblr sayings)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x