Sunday 3 March 2013

February Favourites


If you've read more than a couple of my FOTD posts you could probably have guessed a few of these February favourites already, some of these I have used in every (or almost every) make up I have done over February! 

The MUA Heaven and Earth Palette
Swatches of the shadows from the Heaven and Earth Palette

The MUA Heaven and Earth Pro Palette. I used this pretty much every day I wasn't going for something dramatic or colourful, and often used the odd shade (especially the highlight shades) as part of more colour-oriented or dramatic looks. This is a really versatile palette and perfect for every day wear.

Two favourites liners

Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner and Rimmel Kohl Liner in Jet Black have been two of my favourite eyeliners this month. I love the Rimmel for my waterline, it lasts all day - even with watering eyes and other such liner-killing problems. The Collection 24 Hour liners have been my favourite liquid liners for a while now, I've used all the colours pretty regularly this month but picked the black for this as it's my go-to quick liner and blacks are classic. They do last all day as long as they don't get wet, which for my upper lid isn't too much of an issue. My only problem with this liner is that a lot of the colours stain my eyelids, especially the purple :(. Guess that's how it lasts 24 hours!


Harajuku Lovers Sunshine Cuties Lil'Angel (now discontinued). I got this scent as a present ages ago and it became a fast favourite, which oddly made it last longer as I was so worried about running out of the tiny bottle when I realised I couldn't easily find another! haha. I'm terrible at describing fragrances (this is vanilla with a fruity tone to me) so here is a description from Fragrantia: "A citrus vanilla Top: Meyer Lemon, Mandarin, Touch of Blackberry Mid: Pink Rose, Vanilla Orchid, Tropical Sampaquita Blossom Base: Sugared Patchouli, Vanilla Bean, Skin Musk, Golden Amber". I adore vanilla scents.

Maybelline Falsies Volum' Express, this gives me brilliant volume which is what I want in a mascara as I've been blessed with naturally lengthy lashes (thank you Grandad!). Also gives me some decent curl without curlers and the tube is pretty!


Collection Colour Pout Lip Stain in Flirt is a great day to day colour for me and lasts for ages, even with my constant lipbalm application and eating! I love this lip stain range so much and I want to buy more of them. You can read my full review of these here.

Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil is my go to eyebrow pencil and I'm gutted that I had to include it in my empties this month! I love that it comes with a little brush on the lid as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x