Friday 20 December 2013

Friday Favourites


Blog Love:

  • I haven't seen the latest Hobbit movie yet, but I am dying to get to the cinema, and this Desolation of Smaug inspired look by Nancy at Dark Side of Beauty is making me even more excited (and jealous!)
  • I always find Katie at Lost and Found's mental health posts informative, relateable and just generally worth reading. This week she posted about comparisons in mental health and also a good post about Crazy at Christmas covering some of the lesser thought of cons of Christmas for the crazies among us.
  • Not sure if I shared this before, but even if I have it's worth sharing again because Blog of Shadows 12 Days of Christmas series is amazing
  • Loving Heidi Larsen's Candy Cane look
  • Sokolum is one of my favourite makeup youtubers (I'll do a post on favourite youtubes some time!) and her looks are always stunning and creative, this Holiday Goth is really awesome.
  • Blocked pores are something I struggle with a lot. Blocked pores be gone is a great series of tips from Amy Loves I plan to try.
  • I am a sucker for steampunk and pretty polishes, so this Steampunk Nail Art by Polly Polish had me drooling!


Other things I've been loving this week:

  • Two great funny sketch video creators on youtube I discovered recently nigahiga & BriTANicKdotcom
  • Project for Awesome run by Hank and John Green (yes, that John Green) has been going for a few days now, they've raised lots of money which will be going to community chosen projects and there's still some time left to donate (with some awesome incentives if you do donate should you like those sorts of things)
  • Holidays! No more 4hrs of commuting a day for a while and a chance to catch up on TV, blogging and scheduling blog posts/ideas for next year.

3 comments:

  1. Hurrah for the holidays, even if I am working! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I was going to say how much I loved the hobbit look... Then I got distracted by the awesomeness of the steampunk nails! Yay for holidays too hope you get some time to relax!
    As an aside I keep meaning to comment on how far you've come with your own eye looks, you should be seriously proud :). X

    ReplyDelete
  3. that hobbit makeup looks amazing! I have to do a look inspired b that movie. It's on my to do list ;) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x