Wednesday 5 March 2014

Seven Deadly Sins: Envy


art used for banner is by dahlig, you can see the full series here



Like greed and lust, Envy (Latin, invidia) is characterized by an insatiable desire. Envy is similar to jealousy in that they both feel discontent towards someone's traits, status, abilities, or rewards. The difference is the envious also desire the entity and covet it.
Envy can be directly related to the Ten Commandments, specifically, "Neither shall you desire... anything that belongs to your neighbour." Dante defined this as "a desire to deprive other men of theirs". In Dante's Purgatory, the punishment for the envious is to have their eyes sewn shut with wire because they have gained sinful pleasure from seeing others brought low. Aquinas described envy as "sorrow for another's good".
The demon associated with this sin is Leviathan
Seven Deadly Sins Envy Makeup
 Used: Shiro Snake on the inner corner into Shiro Rupee and Hero of Ages across the lid, with Geek Chic Eldritch in the outer corner and crease. Liners are Glam Crystals in Funk and Pizazz, with Shiro Hero of Ages on the waterline. I *think* that's what I used in my brows as well.

Not 100% sure I'm happy with this look, I do like my green brows though! Lots of Shiro as well, evidently a lot of my greens come from there.

9 comments:

  1. I love green makeup, this is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, I'm rather fond of greens too :)

      Delete
  2. coool, are you going to do the whole look? lips too? this looks reminds me of poison ivy of batman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly no. I did try but none of my greens are lip safe and I wasn't sure where else to go with it.

      Delete
  3. This is stunning! Green looks amazing on you~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). I'm quite fond of greens, I really should use them more often!

      Delete
  4. wow all those greens are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such an amazing look! I especially love the coloured eyebrows!

    Hellbent for Lipstick

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x