Wednesday 14 May 2014

Discworld Series: Unseen University


Part three of the Discworld series and the last of the locations (well, last of the locations I have planned so far, I might try and do looks for Uberwald, Quirm and Klatch at some point) is Unseen University, one of the recurring places in the series.



The Unseen University (UU) is a school of wizardry in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series of fantasy novels. Located in the city of Ankh-Morpork, the UU is staffed by a faculty composed of mostly indolent and inept old wizards. The official motto of Unseen University is "Nunc Id Vides, Nunc Ne Vides", loosely translated as "Now you see it, now you don't". The unofficial motto is "η β π", or "Eta Beta Pi" ("Eat a Bit of Pie" or "Eat a Better Pie" (according to the Hogfather novel)).The coat of arms is azure, a livre des sortilèges, attaché en cuivre, sur un chapeau pointu. (That is: a blue field bearing a book of magic spells, with copper clasps, over a pointed hat.)
via Wikipedia 

Unseen University makeup

Used: Black Rose Minerals Annabele Lee across the lid, Geek Chic Little Albatross on the outer corner and crease, Black Rose Minerals Lunar Reflection as liner and the glitter is Victorian Disco Tac Nuke. Green brows are my usual and because I'd had a driving lesson beforehand, the colours are both Shiro Cosmetics - Derp on the inner half and There and Back Again on the outer. Mascara is Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes.

For this look I took my inspiration from the Unseen University coat of arms and pointy hat shape using what I think passes as an azure blue (I'm a terrible bblogger, my colour knowledge is horrific!). The glitter was added for a bit of sparkle and magic.

2 comments:

  1. I love what you have done with the brows. I've never actually heared of this series but I may have to go and give it a read after seeing this post, it seems like my kinda thing :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! Dat blue eyeshadow tho. And your green browssss <3 So perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, I really appreciate everything you guys have to say and I shall endeavour to reply as soon as I can! If you need a swifter reply please feel free to email ohtofeelpretty@gmail.com or contact me on twitter @katiefrank_x